M.S.Mirab activities are as follows:
1) Calculation of the energy flow and distribution in buildings and industries through an economic model.
2) Optimizing the energy consumption.
3) Breakdown of energy consumed and calculation of the cost ratio for each type of the total energy expenditures in buildings and industries.
4) Advice on the function of equipment, office appliances and main power system in buildings and industries, including air conditioning, heating, lighting, water supply, windows and doors.
5) Calculation of energy intensity.
6) Consultancy on building and industrial materials, equipment replacement and procurement of energy efficient alternatives.
7) Energy audit certificate for buildings and industries through the assistance of the energy auditor, issued by a reputable international energy inspection organization.
8) Training courses for energy savings efficiency.
9) Introduction to energy savings funding from local and international sources.
10) Applying best method to implement new energy savings and renewable energy technologies.
M.S.Mirab will spend a significant amount of time on energy efficiency consultancy and enhancing the awareness of its benefits to building owners, construction companies and suppliers of utility services across the country. Cultural awareness will be enhanced through monthly or quarterly electronic newsletters, active participation in social network websites and the production of short teasers. Training courses and conferences are other tools that will be used by M.S.Mirab for enhancing energy efficiency awareness.
M.S.Mirab will assist in the creation of a mandatory energy certification scheme to ensure the government’s building monitoring process. This certification will ensure that buyers and tenants of buildings and industries receive information on the energy efficiency standing of buildings prior to any agreements. In addition, the building certificate creates the structure that ensures that energy efficiency information is available to all those involved in the building sector at all times. M.S.Mirab will also create the means to provide the training required for the mentioned certification.
In summary, the mission of M.S.Mirab consists of energy auditing in buildings and industries, certification of energy efficient structures, buildings and industries, training energy auditors, making suggestions for the replacement of equipment and the promotion of an energy savings culture in the country.
M.S.Mirab has chosen two institutions to assist in identifying energy auditing with energy efficiency consultancy activities. These two institutions are:
1) Vitesse Company of Canada for consulting and LEED certificate training
2) Movaghar Architecture DPLG company from France for ADEME certificates
M.S.Mirab’s main activities in the field of energy engineering and auditing, are all according to the international standards which have listed below:
1) Consultancy for the most efficient use of renewable energy technologies.
2) Consultancy for energy conservation and retrofitting of homes.
3) Economic assessment of return on investments.
4) Introduction to modern technology for measuring energy usage, heating, lighting, electricity generation, insulation, piping, windows, doors and cabling.
5) Importation of renewable energy technology and equipment.
6) Consultancy for the local production of renewable energy equipment.
7) Energy conservation consultancy for manufacturers as well as governmental companies and institutions.
8) Use of PEH1 and ZEB2 as benchmarks for energy efficiency standards in buildings.
9) Replacement of inefficient equipment.
10) Planning for Educating and Savings culture.
11) Organizing training programs for energy auditors, contractors and project owners.
The energy efficient consultancy services cover various types of buildings;
- Housing (villas, apartments, houses)
- Commercial (shopping centers, medical centers, sport centers)
- Industrial (factories, warehouses)
A - EXISTING BUILDINGS
PHASE 1: PRELIMINARY RESEARCH – FEASIBILITY
1-1 Visit to the existing building, checking of the floor plan and pinpointing energy losses.
1-2 Determination of the amount of energy used and the orientation of high-rises.
1-3 Calculation of the amount of surfaces, walls and windows that need glazing, etc.
1- 4 Calculation of the amount of space in the building.
1-4-1 The surface area.
1-4-2 Checking the construction methods that were implemented.
1-4-3 Checking of the exterior doors, windows and glazing as well as the airtightness of buildings.
1-4-4 Checking of hot water units, gas consumption, electricity use, ventilation of the boiler, the technical equipment inside, heating radiator, type of ventilation, air conditioning, kitchen and bathroom cabinets, sink piping and insulation, etc...
1-4-5 Checking of the construction methods and building materials used.
1-4-6 Control of air infiltration in buildings (this should be done for new buildings only as it requires too much work for existing buildings).
1-4-7 Reporting on heat loss and energy consumption in "kW/h/m2", according to a mean external temperature and the desired internal temperature (depending on national or international standards).
1-4-8 Calculation the cost of energy consumption per m2 according to the national rate.
1-4-9 Data collection with sensors and meters (seasonal, yearly, monthly and daily data analysis).
1-4-10 Electricity measurement (general power, lighting, refrigerator).
1-4-11 Water consumption (potable water, recycled hot water).
PHASE 2: RESEARCH SOLUTIONS AND THERMAL ENERGY SAVINGS
2-1 Proposal for energy savings solutions at various temperatures to both consumers and the utility owner.
2-2 The study will determine the desired level of energy savings.
2-3 Calculation of construction costs and their modification to lower energy consumption.
2-4 Energy savings consultancy will present technical details, economic feasibility for the implementation of energy saving measures as well as a proposal for the use of Iranian materials and available modern technology to increase energy savings in buildings.
PHASE 3: SITE SUPERVISION
3-1 Visiting the site and supervising the execution of on-going work.
3-2 Providing an Energy Savings or Low Consumption Building certificate.
3-3 Providing energy auditing training.
B - NEW PROJECT BUILDINGS
B1 - Mission of the Consultant:
Reporting on heat loss and energy consumption in "kW/h/m2", according to a mean external temperature and desired internal temperature (depending on national or international standards).
1-1 The report will enable calculating the price of energy consumption per SQM according to the national rate.
1-2 Determination and calculation of energy consumption according to the project’s needs.
1-3 Proposal for energy savings solutions at various temperatures in ways defined by consumers and owners.
1-4 Report will make it possible to define the level of energy savings desired.
1-5 Sub mitting a new solution in order to prevent the infiltration of air.
1-6 Calculation of construction costs and generation glower energy consumption.
1-7 Energy savings consultancy will present technical details, economic feasibility of the implementation of energy savings measures as well as a proposal for the use of Iranian materials and available modern technology for increasing energy savings in the building.
B2 - Mission Complete:
PHASE 1: Comprises all listings mentioned under B1 above.
PHASE 2: SITE SUPERVISION
2-1 Visiting the site and supervising the execution of on-going work.
2-2 Building’s design features, schematics and behavior analysis to provide information and explain both thermal performance and energy consumption.
2-3 Providing an "Energy Savings - Low Consumption Building" certificate to the building concerned (certificate like LEED and ADEME).
1. Passive Energy House
2. Zero Energy Building